Business Development Program 2019 – INFO SESSION
TLE Center for Urban Entrepreneurship (TLECFUE) is now conducting a fall offering of its Business Development Program for young adults at the Roxbury Innovation Center. Our 12-week entrepreneurial program is particularly for entrepreneurs ages 18-39 with a business less than 5 years old; that may not yet be profitable; and is located within the city of Boston. It is structured to guide participants through conducting primary and secondary market research to not only validate current trends and assess performance, but to also develop a solid implementation plan from their findings that they can successfully execute within 6 months of completing the program in order to better position their businesses for growth.
How Our Program Works
The program is open to local entrepreneurs within the city of Boston that have an early stage venture and need a solid growth plan. The Primary Objectives of the TLECFUE Business Development Program are to ensure participants are able to:
- Articulate the key areas of their business needing performance improvement
- Develop a solid implementation plan
- Secure funding where necessary from lenders & investors
- Successfully execute their plans using the resources under our technical assistance network
What To Expect
The program calls for an average time commitment of 10-15 hours each week. This will include field work on other days outside of the Thursday program sessions. There is a $100.00 participant commitment fee that applies to all accepted candidates to the program.
Program Dates and Times
September 29th – December 17th
5:30pm – 8:30pm
at Roxbury Innovation Center
The eligibility requirements for our Fall 2019 Business Development Program at the Roxbury Innovation Center are as follows:
- Applicants must be the founder or co-founder of an early stage venture (no more than 5 years in business), that is currently in operation but is not profitable, and is located within the City of Boston.
- Applicants must have the desire to seek support, services, and coaching and mentoring from our business incubator community (staff and partners) to achieve their venture’s mission.
- Applicants must be able to attend all program sessions; have a willingness to be held accountable to weekly/monthly program goals; and must be open to receiving and accepting feedback.
- Applicants must demonstrate an overall readiness to fully implement their growth plans once completed.
The application process is as follows:
- All applicants are to complete a program application below by Monday September 9, 2019 at 11:59PM EST for consideration in the Fall 2019 Business Development Program at Roxbury Innovation Center. We encourage early applications. There will also be 2 information sessions for interested applicants on August 27 and September 5 from 5:30pm-7pm at Roxbury Innovation Center and Mass Growth Capital Corporation respectively. To sign up for a session go to: https://tlecfuebdp.eventbrite.com.
- We will invite all eligible applicants for an interview with our selection panel. All eligible applicants will be asked to provide additional materials that may be needed in advance of their interview session.
- The selection panel will choose the cohort, which will consist of no more than 10 businesses, and will inform each participant of our decision by September 20, 2019.